Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
$3,950,000 - 4511 Balcones Drive, Austin
- SQ. Feet
Lovers of vintage Mid-Century Modern must not miss this fabulous home. Sky Crest, located at 4511 Balcones Drive, was designed by Austin architect Charles Granger of Fehr & Granger and built for Dr. and Mrs. Byron Smith (Irene) and their four sons in 1963. Fehr & Granger is perhaps best known for its design of the Robert Mueller Airport, built in 1960, with its iconic air control tower that still stands as a tribute to the former airport. The architectural firm is also noted for the design of the Austin National Bank Building, Westwood Country Club, Saint Stephen’s Church, Villa Capri Hotel and about 500 other homes, churches and businesses in Austin and surrounding areas. Due to a complete remodeling of the house in 1985, the original interiors were lost. Obtaining a copy of the original, pencil-drawn, blue prints from the Austin History Center, an extensive restoration was undertaken by the fifth and current owners. The couple named the house Sky Crest in honor of the graceful air control tower at Mueller and took the house’s blue color scheme from the tower as well. At first desiring simply to replace the paint and carpet and move in, once the owners obtained the original 1963 blueprints, they soon embarked on a complete renovation to return the home back to its original 1963 aesthetics. Living space Square Footage measured by Floor Plan Graphics, LLC.
- MLS® #:
- Full Baths:
- Half Baths:
- Square Footage:
- Year Built:
- Single Family Residence
- 4511 Balcones Drive
- Balcones Park Add Sec 05
- Zip Code:
- Cable Connected, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, Sewer Connected, Water Connected
- Street Lights
- Circular Driveway, Carport, Electric Gate, Garage, Gated, Private, Secured, Electric Vehicle Charging Station(s), Paver Block
- # of Garages:
- Has Pool:
- Carpet, Laminate, Tile, Wood
- Built-In Electric Oven, Built-In Gas Range, Bar Fridge, Double Oven, Dishwasher, ENERGY STAR Qualified Appliances, Exhaust Fan, Freezer, Disposal, Gas Water Heater, Ice Maker, Self Cleaning Oven, Stainless Steel Appliance(s), Tankless Water Heater, Vented Exhaust Fan, Water Purifier
- Central, Natural Gas, Radiant Floor
- # of Fireplaces:
- Bedroom, Gas Starter, Living Room, Masonry, Master Bedroom, Wood Burning
- Exterior Features:
- Balcony, Exterior Steps, Lighting, Outdoor Grill, Private Entrance, Private Yard, Rain Gutters
- Lot Description:
- Back Yard, Front Yard, Landscaped, Sprinklers In Ground, Trees Large Size, Trees Medium Size
- Austin ISD
- Highland Park
- Lamar (Austin ISD)
- Property Listed By:
- Rebecca Realty, LLC
DEN would like the opportunity to be your real estate concierge. If you have any general Austin lifestyle questions or would like assistance in your home search, please do not hesitate to fill out the form below.
Call anytime at (512) 222-3364 -or- Email to let us know when it is best to contact you.
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS® (alternatively, from ACTRIS) from April 22nd, 2021 at 2:00pm CDT. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. The Austin Board of REALTORS®, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.