Born and raised in New York City and rumored progeny of Orson Wells, Mr. Lindsay-Hogg was a pioneer of the music video, directing the 1960s British television rock series "Ready, Steady, Go!" and The Beatles final public performance and film, Let It Be. He also directed the award-winning Graceland with Paul Simon, shot in Zimbabwe. Pictures have always had a special significance for Lindsay-Hogg, as he didn’t learn to read until he was nine he could only follow stories in the frames of comic books. He doesn’t begin a picture with a clear idea in mind. “Images will change as I’m doing them,” he says, and “I like to be surprised.” He currently lives in West Hollywood with his wife, Lisa.
- Choate School, Wallingford , Connecticut
- Christ Church College, Oxford University, England
- 2014 My Party: Works by Micael Lindsay Hogg, The DEN, Austin
- 2014 Casanova's Dream, Automatic Sweat, Los Angeles
- 2014 You Game? I’m Game, BCB ART, New York
- 2012 Time Alters All: A Retrospective of an Emerging Artist, Apart Projects, Los Angeles